Saturday, January 30, 2010

G'bye JD

The man who created Holden is gone...........

Was he a one hit wonder?

Is there a "secret" unpublished collection?......tucked away somewhere.......very little is known about his life....

Who knows......

Well........I got to know Holden when I was 13......stumbled upon it while browsing through this massive collection of books at my buddy's place......his dad's.......actually

I re-read it again while i was in my A-Levels........I seldom do that......

But Catcher was different..........Cather was a journey that one takes with Holden.....Catcher allows you to become an observer to the things around you......and Catcher teaches you to be wee bit nasty in a comical way with your observation......




"All Morons hate it when you call them a moron......




Holden Caulfield
The Cather in the Rye
Minds are like parachutes; they work best when open. -Lord Thomas Dewer