Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Additional Revenue Challenge by our so called Finance Minister

"Another question which was well received from the floor was about the lowering of excise duties on imported cars.
To this, Najib candidly said he could only do so if his government is able to find additional revenue elsewhere.
 “I’m speaking as the minister of finance. If you can tell me where to find additional revenue, I will reduce the price of imported cars. I cannot raise income tax or the price of RON95 (grade petrol). My options are limited.
“I believe one day (such as when we) introduce GST, which is a consumption based tax, I can look at ways to reduce tax on imported cars. It is a zero-sum game. Something has to give,” he said, laughingly." Source here 

Mak oi.....

Lu biar serious pakcik...

Lu punya Tax Base dah betul ke belum?

Lu punya enforcement dah cukup bagus ke ?

Berlambak pakcik oi...


For today I will not go into details....sebenornya malas......  lagi pun gua tengak sangkut main God of War blardy Gorgons and Medusas.....instead I hope that my readers can provide some ideas for our Clueless Finance Minister please.....


Minds are like parachutes; they work best when open. -Lord Thomas Dewer